Thursday, May 15, 2008

Move to Ft. Lewis - Day 4

Cleaning Day! Yup, we cleaned today. Well, I should be honest here and say, Pamela cleaned today, while I tried to help. Mostly, I tried to stay out of the way. In addition to the cleaning, we have a lot things that we still need to pack for the trip and some repairs to do around the house. Why do we always wait to fix things until we're no longer going to live in the house? Doesn't seem very smart does it? Anyway, so we set about doing all these things cause our final walk-through inspection was at 2pm. At lunch time I went to lunch with a bunch of folk from work. It was good to see everybody, but I'm serious, this saying goodbye crap is for the birds. It is so strange, we can't wait to leave Sierra Vista and Fort Huachuca, but we don't want to leave our friends. Maybe we can take them with us, or convince them to move to Washington... That would be the easiest thing to do, I think.

After lunch I came back and was helping Pamela with the last minute cleaning. Then the "inspectors" showed up a half hour early. They came in and the first thing they said was, "there's dirt in this window track!" Well, I got irritated, and Pamela burst into tears, since she'd just spent the last 15 hours or so cleaning. So I said, "listen, there is no way we're going to get this to your standard before we leave in the morning, so just take it out of our deposit. They said no problem, people do it all the time, and I'm thinking, "man we're dumb, why didn't we just do that in the first place?" So, we've decided we're not going to bother cleaning when we move in the future. It's just not worth it.

So they left and we finished packing for the trip and then we went over to the Strebe's for some roasted weenies and, of course, RockBand®. Jezabell and the boys should have been there, but she's a chicken butt and took off for Phoenix before we could say, "see you later!" The Hams were also supposed to join us, but Matt had to go to some dumb graduation in Douglas. Because it's far more important to be loyal to a company you don't work for anymore than to your friends you won't be seeing again until the Grand Canyon hike in two weeks. Oh, so maybe I was being a bit dramatic... Oh well. We had a great time roasting dogs and mallows and all that, until way late and then we had to leave. Sucky!

Since our house was no longer our house, we spent the night at Jezabell's, which was empty since they ran away to Phoenix, as I mentioned a moment ago... Brenton slept in Josh's bed, of course, and Bekah slept in Jacob's (scandalous!!), while Pamela and I slept in Jezabell's bed and TOTALLY DID... nothing but sleep. :( I'm just sayin it would have been fun to watch Jezabell go buy a new bed. What a good friend I am....

Tomorrow we start our journey. At the butt-crack of dawn!!!! See ya later!

No comments: